Mental Health Technician- General Adult Unit- FT
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Carrier Clinic, a behavioral health system, has been a trusted source of compassionate help and supportive healing for patients and their families since we opened our doors in 1910.
Carrier Clinic has been a trusted source of expert care for those afflicted with mental disorders or substance abuse. We rank among the top psychiatric and rehab recovery centers in NJ for several reasons. We’re always respectful of our patients’ privacy. We’re always compassionate to each individual situation. Our specialized mental health and addiction treatment programs work to return adults, adolescents, and older adults back to enjoyable and productive lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine patient care services to our patients under the direction of a professional nurse. Duties include assisting patients in daily living activities, taking and recording vital signs, facilitating psycho-educational group sessions and utilizing crisis intervention techniques as necessary
- Assists patients with daily living activities (i.e.; 1-to-1 Supervision, Laundry, Bathing, and Toileting)
- Conducts patient search at admission, upon return from pass, or as clinically indicated under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Functions as a role model of healthy interpersonal relationships and demonstrates appropriate behavior for patients, family, and staff
- All positions include a mandatory Every Other Weekend and some Holiday work requirements
- Mandatory New Hire Orientation is (7) weekdays from 8:00am-4:30pm
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Drivers License
- One year behavioral health care experience
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification within 90 days of hire
- First Aid Program
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university in social work, psychology, nursing or related field
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.