Mental Health Technician- Access Center- PT
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Carrier Clinic, a behavioral health system, has been a trusted source of compassionate help and supportive healing for patients and their families since we opened our doors in 1910.
Carrier Clinic has been a trusted source of expert care for those afflicted with mental disorders or substance abuse. We rank among the top psychiatric and rehab recovery centers in NJ for several reasons. We’re always respectful of our patients’ privacy. We’re always compassionate to each individual situation. Our specialized mental health and addiction treatment programs work to return adults, adolescents, and older adults back to enjoyable and productive lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine patient care services to our patients under the direction of a professional nurse. Duties include assisting patients in daily living activities, taking and recording vital signs, facilitating psycho-educational group sessions and utilizing crisis intervention techniques as necessary
- Assists patients with daily living activities (i.e.; 1-to-1 Supervision, Laundry, Bathing, and Toileting)
- Conducts patient search at admission, upon return from pass, or as clinically indicated under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Functions as a role model of healthy interpersonal relationships and demonstrates appropriate behavior for patients, family, and staff
- All positions include a mandatory Every Other Weekend and some Holiday work requirements
- Mandatory New Hire Orientation is (7) weekdays from 8:00am-4:30pm
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of one of the following:
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant or Patient Care Technician program or
- Fundamentals of Nursing program from an accredited school of nursing or
- HMH PCT Apprenticeship Program
- Or equivalent medical or behavioral health background experience, such as EMT, Home Health Aide,
CMA, MA, PCT,
- Or actively pursuing an Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university in
social work, psychology, nursing or related field.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for
improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care and service based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred: in a hospital setting is strongly preferred.
- Experience with behavioral health pati
- Experienced or certified in phlebotomy and checking EKG, vital signs and blood sugar.
- Minimum of one (1) year PCT, MHT, CNA or other behavioral health experience
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Mental Health Technician or Patient Care
Technician who has successfully completed a PCT program which includes Phlebotomy, EKG and
nursing assistant course both in the theoretical and clinical setting.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification within 30 days of hire.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.