Mental Health Counselor - Comprehensive services unit - FT
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Carrier Clinic, a behavioral health system, has been a trusted source of compassionate help and supportive healing for patients and their families since we opened our doors in 1910.
Carrier Clinic has been a trusted source of expert care for those afflicted with mental disorders or substance abuse. We rank among the top psychiatric and rehab recovery centers in NJ for several reasons. We’re always respectful of our patients’ privacy. We’re always compassionate to each individual situation. Our specialized mental health and addiction treatment programs work to return adults, adolescents, and older adults back to enjoyable and productive lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position functions under the supervision of the Unit Directors or Nursing Supervisors. Provides therapeutic group activities as scheduled. Performs a variety of patient care and therapeutic activities. Acts as a support to the multidisciplinary team in the treatment and rehabilitation of the patient.
- Plans and conducts discussion groups, activities groups and psycho-educational groups.
- Completes the daily MHT schedule under the supervision of the Charge Nurse.
- Provides educational materials that consider patients’ age, educational level, culture and identified learning needs.
- Identifies performance improvement opportunities and participates in the unit’s ongoing performance improvement data collection.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/ university in social work, psychology, nursing or related field
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification within 90 days of hire
- First Aid Program
- Drivers License
- One year behavioral health care experience
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.