LPN EMYL- P/T with Benefits, Evenings
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
1. Works closely with all physicians to transcribe medication orders, orders all needed medication, works with the pharmacy to assure the proper medication and dosages are received and follows up with the pharmacy to assure the proper medication and dosages are received and follow- up to make sure the medications are dispensed properly.
2. Responsible for reviewing new medication orders and co-signs orders accurately.
3. Provides care to a resident population as delegated and supervised by the RN and response of the resident is documented.
4. Demonstrates effective therapeutic communication with patients, families, significant others by responding promptly with tact and sensitivity. Able to establish rapport with a variety of clients in a range of emotional states.
5. Will assist with the admission and discharge process under the supervision of an RN.
6. Stock and order all medications for the Lodge from a contracted pharmacy.
7. Sets up monthly medication book for the East Mountain Youth Lodge units
8. Assists the Nursing Director with .maintaining insurance binder for the East Mountain Youth Lodge residents
9. Intervenes in emergency situations and initiates action necessary to maintain a safe, clean and therapeutic environment.
10. Documents appropriate nursing interventions and PRN medication in the progress notes, including patient responses.
11. Monitors lab results and fills out original lab slips.
12. Works in a collegial relationship with the school nurse and follows up with injures or sick children.
13. Places medical appointments in appointment tracker and Meditech systems to inform staff of residents' upcoming appointments.
14. Check that all physician order sheets are updated and corrected monthly.
15. Develops and maintains collegial relationships by sharing observations with other team members and works with the team to establish an environment that provides supervision and support.
16. Assists the RN with running psycho-education, medication education, health education and patient/staff meetings.
17. Administers medications and treatments as needed.
18. Maintains computer literacy for inputting orders.
19. Continuously seeks areas for performance improvement within the Lodge and Carrier.
20. Attends mandatory in service programs, Code Practices, and maintains CPR certification and licensure.
21. Assists with the orientation of personnel and students new to the unit. Assists the RN in assessing the direct care staff's educational needs, competencies and provides in-services under the supervision of the RN.
22. Documents adverse reactions and patient incidents on approved hospital incident reports, providing follow-up when needed and documents correctly on person restraint forms.
23. Oversees the general health care needs of each resident.
24. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
25. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of accredited LPN program.
2. Minimum one years of Adolescent psychiatric experience.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
5. Licensed Practical Nurse.
6. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification or completed in the first 90 days of employment.
7. First Aid Program or completed in the first 90 days of employment.
Tuesday 7p-7:30a and every Friday 7a-7:30p
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.