Licensed Addictions Counselor (Full Time)
How have you impacted someone’s life today?
At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Licensed Addictions Counselor provides individual, family and group therapies and case management to individuals who have substance use disorders, under the supervision of an approved supervisor.
A Day in the life of a Licensed Addictions Counselor at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Completes patient assessment upon intake, including biopsychosocial, ASAM LOC and other related intake documents.
- Obtains collateral information and engages family, significant others and referral sources.
- Provides substance use counseling services to Inpatient, OP and IOP clients in individual, group and family modalities utilizing evidence-based interventions.
- Communicates patient participation/progress to the treatment team
- Identifies relevant goals, objectives and interventions documented on the Master Treatment Plan in the patient's chart.
- Completes documentation of patient's progress including group and individual progress notes, ASAM notes, weekly summaries, NJ SAMS and other documentation as required.
- Interacts in a mature and professional manner with patients, visitors and staff. Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative, pleasant and positive attitude. Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
- Meets for weekly group and individual supervision and complies with regulations set forth by the appropriate Division of Consumer Affairs professional licensing board.
- Actively pursues continued licensure in respective fields if applicable.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments within the field of one's specialization by attending in-service programs, conferences or continuing education as stated in the department's policy on professional development.
- Participates in departmental meetings, safety huddles, problem solving teams, in-services and other meetings as called by supervisory staff.
- Handles and disposes of infections and hazardous materials per policies and procedures.
- Models the 5 Cs standards of behavior.
- Maintains standards of behavior as established in the Organizational Ethics and Codes of Conduct Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. Meets or exceeds expectations of patients, hospital and staff members, in person or via the telephone in the course of performing assigned accountabilities.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Knowledge of ASAM criteria.
- Knowledge of Trauma Informed Care.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC) OR Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC) and is working towards a Licensed Clinical Alcohol & Drug Counselor (LCADC).
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification and Handle W/ Care certification, or obtained within 90 days of hire.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.