- Requisition # 2023-138290
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Group Counselor provides therapeutic and recreational group activities and leisure assessment and group counseling services to assigned caseloads of patients.
We invite you to listen to our team members share what it's like to be part of HMH's Carrier Clinic Team:
A day in the life of a Group Counselor at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
1. Provides therapeutic activities/leisure assessment and counseling services to assigned patient groups. Groups are of a psycho educational nature and include: social and recreational skills, grief counseling, substance abuse counseling, creative expressions, stress management, coping skills and physical activities.
2. Completes the Group Counselor Assessment of the patient within 48 hours of admission.
3. Provides a minimum of four therapeutic groups per day, an evening group one day per week, and weekend groups on assigned units.
4. Participates in the Wellness Choices program to provide groups on other units.
5. Understands and adheres to the organization's health and safety requirements.
6. Understands and adheres to all Hospital, Federal, State, and Joint Commission requirements.
7. Assesses the patient's learning needs, readiness and barriers to learning of patients and documents appropriately. Provides age appropriate learning opportunities (individual and group) and documents teaching and outcomes appropriately. Provides educational materials that are specifically appropriate for the patient/family, considering age, educational level, culture and disability.
8. Takes the lead in unit preparations for holiday celebrations.
9. Provides information to the treatment team regarding the patient's participation/progress in conducted groups.
10. Develops a plan of care for the patient that reflects the assessed needs, strengths, preferences and goals, and stages in the recovery process. Attends multidisciplinary treatment plan conferences for assigned patients and works collaboratively with members of the treatment team to assess.
11. Completes documentation of patient's progress toward achieving goals in a weekly progress note, weekly treatment plan review or revision and transfer or discharge summary in the context of specific treatment objectives.
12. Participates in departmental meetings, unit meetings, in-services, and other meetings as requested.
13. Maintains current knowledge in their field of specialization by attending continuing educational programs/offerings.
14. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
15. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field.
2. Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in a healthcare setting.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Masters Degree.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.