Group/Addictions Counselor Intern (Full Time)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, and behavioral health, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Group/Addictions Counselor Intern provides individual, family and group therapies and case management to a substance dependent population under the supervision of an approved supervisor (LCADC and/or CCS).
A day in the life of a Group/Addictions Counselor Intern at HMH/Carrier Clinic includes:
1. Completes patient assessment within 48 hours of admission
2. Provides counseling services to assigned patient groups within the standards of the department's policies. Groups are of a psycho educational nature to include: addiction and recovery principles; relapse prevention; anger/stress management; 12 Step Philosophy; family dynamics.
3. Communicates patient participation/progress in conducted groups to the treatment team.
4. Actively pursues CADC credential and reports progress to supervisor at six month intervals
5. Identifies relevant goals, objectives and interventions documented on the Master Treatment Plan in the patient's chart and attends the patient's Treatment Planning conference.
6. Completes documentation of patient's progress including progress note (3 times per week), weekly treatment plan revision and transfer or discharge summary in the context of specific treatment objectives.
7. Interacts in a mature and professional manner with patients, visitors and staff. Demonstrates a courteous, cooperative, pleasant and positive attitude. Maintains strict standards of confidentiality.
8. Meets as scheduled with Supervisor for supervision.
9. Maintains current knowledge of developments within the field of one's specialization by attending service programs, conferences or continuing education as stated in the department's policy on professional development.
10. Participates in departmental meetings, problem solving teams, in-services and other meetings as called by supervisory staff.
11. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
12. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Minimum 1 year relevant work experience in a healthcare setting.
3. In the case of a recovering individual, one must have two years of continuous sobriety.
4. Employees in this position must be working towards CADC status.
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
6. Proficient computer skills that may include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or a related field.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.