- Requisition # 2024-141682
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
“Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian
Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to
succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are
team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how
we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep
getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
The Dietary Aide assists in the service of meals for patients across the lifespan, as well as visitors and staff.
- Provides all necessary customer service functions.
- Takes customer orders in a prompt courteous efficient manner, prepares order according to correct portion, garnish, plate, etc. as outlined on the Portion Control Sheet.
- Sets up and maintains all work areas and service areas (including the dining room) with adequate supplies in an organized and sanitary manner.
- Prepares all food items and completes pre-preparation assignments according to schedule and procedures.
- Makes suggestions to improve any aspects of the operation.
- Uses and maintains all equipment according to procedures.
- Operations cash register, when assigned, according to established procedures. This includes all correct close out and deposit steps as well as the completion of the over-ring error slips.
- Contributes to the sanitation/organization of the Coffee Shop.
- Adheres to proper food handling methods as required by local, State and federal regulations.
- Maintains all areas in a safe, sanitized and organized manner.
- Wears the required uniform, including apron, hat or hairnet and name badge faced forward.
- Performs routine sanitation assignments such as, sweeping, mopping, garbage removals and completion of the daily checklist.
- Also performs non-routine sanitation functions as listed on the daily cleaning list.
- Participates actively in all cleaning assignments as schedule to maintain a clean and sanitary environment. Cleans equipment according to schedule assigned and using correct procedures. Items include: tray room, char broiler, fryer, carts, storage areas, pots and pans, dish machine, hoods, wall, floors, drains garbage cans, dumpster etc.
- Sweeps and mops floors assist in cleaning emergency spills that are observed or requested.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables for the Cafeteria. Adheres to established garbage procedures regarding separation and placement of garbage for removal and recycling program.
- Participates in dish room activities processing soiled and cleaned trays, dishes and silverware, responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the tray return room.
- Utilizes cleaning products following safety and usage procedures.
- Reports all safety hazards and needed repairs to supervisors.
- Stock all necessary products to presenting to all our customers with all the necessary supplies: plates, utensils, gloves, soap, paper towels, and bottles of soda, water, chips, and soda fountain syrups. Before, during and after service time to presenting to all our customers.
- Follows all HACCP, Aide & HIPPA guidelines including proper hand washing, personal hygiene, food production, storage, labeling and dating, recording accurate temperatures on a timely basis, and cleaning and sanitation. Uses FIFO rotation methods and insures freshness of products served. Cleans and sanitizes areas of responsibility before leaving for the day.
- Complete all logs pertaining to dish room.
- Responsible for portioning, assembling and delivering floor supplies to patient units, food to patients and commercial feedings in accordance with correct diet guidelines.
- Communicates with patient taking menu selections in accordance with diet, food allergies, and food preferences. Ability to verbalize diet-appropriate foods for all house diets; input menus one-on-one with patient &/or family member using Health touch with accuracy.
- Operates kitchen equipment that includes but is not limited to: coffee maker, pellet warmer, toaster, steam table, can opener, plate warmer and food delivery trucks and Health Touch.
- Delivers and picks up meal trays and late trays. Stocks station, mats trays, wraps silverware and cleans/sanitizes food delivery cart.
- Operates Health Touch.
- Records unit pantry refrigerator temperature on a daily basis. Monitors pantries for general cleanliness and refers all issues to Supervisor/Managers.
- Stock the pantries on nursing units.
- Deliver late trays as needed.
- Beginning of day and end of date safe cash control.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- To work every weekend.
- To work five (5) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Previous experience with or knowledge of nutrition/dietetics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Intensive Treatment Psych Unit- F/T DaysHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- CC Older Adult Unit - P/T with Benefits EveningsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Registered Nurse- Carrier Clinic Float Dept.- F/T EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.