- Requisition # 2023-134636
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Medical Receptionist provides reception and clerical services under the supervision of the practice manager and physician(s) for the patients and visitors of the practice. These services may include billing, collections, referrals, appointments, patient contact, and general secretarial duties. Must be willing to travel within 30 minutes of your home, and float to various locations.
A day in the life of a Medical Receptionist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Receives and directs all communication courteously and consistently. Adheres to HIPAA guidelines and office policy. Phone calls are answered quickly and directed appropriately.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner. Conducts oneself in a friendly manner, by smiling, making direct eye contact and making patients and visitors feel welcome and important.
- Assists patients with the sign in process. Responds promptly to patient's needs.
- Supports financial responsibilities, including: staying abreast of reimbursement and billing procedures, accurately verifies information on Audit Journal, prepares bank deposits and credit card batches and signs and dates completed daily cash receipts.
- Monitors general office supply inventory and equipment, including working with Team Members to determine their supply needs. Notifies Practice Manager, or designee, when supplies are low and initiates ordering of needed supplies and equipment.
- Manages patient check-in process. Consistently and courteously obtains and verifies required demographic information (date stamp and/or copy insurance card). Collects copayment and any applicable balances; Verifies insurance eligibility; Ensures appropriate referrals are obtained (specialty offices); Ensures patient completes appropriate paperwork including but not limited to face sheet, ABN, and HIPAA forms; Accurately enters patient demographic information in billing/computer system.
- Manages patient check-out process, ensuring the process is completed accurately and timely and in a friendly manner. Check-out process includes, but not limited to, reviewing charge slip, posting charges and payments into system, collecting current and past due balance(s), scheduling future appointment(s).
- Promotes patient satisfaction by providing excellent service through friendly and helpful interactions with patients and visitors. Communicates potential patient satisfaction issues to direct manager.
- Maintains efficient and accurate filing and record maintenance system.
- Assembles new patient folders. Retrieves and returns records according to protocol.
- Adapts work schedule to meet the needs of the practice. Works additional hours as requested to maintain adequate coverage for the practice. Willing to cross cover when necessary. Clocks in at designated start time. Managers time effectively to prevent unapproved OT.
- Serves as a pre-loader for our EMR system.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education, and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
- Must be able to travel to various locations.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior receptionist or clerical experience in a medical office
- Epic experience
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- CPR certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Ob/Gyn Physician - Deal LakeHMHMG SPECIALTY CARE 570 Asbury Park, New Jersey
Medical Receptionist- Oncology (Physician Practice)HMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Psychiatric Unit- Belle Mead - PT/NightsHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Youth Residential Technician- Belle Mead- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.